Harthill's approach to leadership is to culturing participants' curiosity, so they inquire rigorously into leadership and develop capabilities in response to their professional context, existing abilities and the emerging demands of tomorrow.
- Action Inquiry - learning to lead through smart exploration, intelligent experimentation and reflection.
- Vertical and horizontal development - extending and reinventing the way we think and behave - transforming ourselves.
- Developing strategic and systemic capability - enabling systems leadership.
At the heart of our work in leadership are four essential areas of mastery for leaders (right). Each is inter-linked and creates challenges and opportunities: to use power justly and effectively whilst acting with compassion and to wisely discern what is important and true and then act with courage and integrity.
Four key and paradoxical capacities required by authentic leaders.
All our leadership programmes are:
- underpinned by the Leadership Development Framework, where each participant completes a sentence completion form and receives their profile with a coaching de-brief
- delivered through Action Inquiry processes including facilitated modules with input, inquiry activities and peer-working
- enabled with Leadership Challenge Groups with an authentic leadership challenge brought by each participant, shaped and worked with during and inbetween modules, with small Action Inquiry Groups and 1:1 coaching
- supported with 1:1 coaching as required.
Gütersloh, November 2010